August 04, 2017 at 12:50AM

Reddit scan:I've obtained a large office printer which I'm in the process of breaking down for parts. I'd like to build out the PSU to make a bench power supply.TL;DR: Need to figure out best ways to adjust voltage and limit current. Also seeking general feedback.Default DC Outputs:5V / 2.5A (Measured 4.96-5.11V)5V / 5.1A (^Same^)24V / 8.5A (Measured 23.7V)Goals:30V / 4.0A12V / 1.0A3x Voltage OutputsVoltage AdjustmentCurrent Limit AdjustmentWorking Strategy:24V / 8.5A -> DC-DC Converter -> High Power Output5V / 5.1A -> DC-DC Converter -> 2x Low Power Output5V / 2.5A -> PSU Control (Must draw ~0.2-0.3A to activate other outputs)Ideas/Thoughts:I have 2x TFT touch screen displays - could be interesting.Arduino/Raspberry PI for control/display driving.Number of useful components from another PSU (caps/triacs/mosfets/coils/etc).AC outputs exist but I haven't figure out how to turn them on yet. Maybe of interest.I'm technically an ME, but with a reasonable background in circuits/ mechatronics.I have access to a makerspace where I can prototype, build, and test as needed.Edit: Some clarification/expansion. http://ift.tt/2upAVl9 by Towson Makerspace

Comments