August 07, 2017 at 03:49PM

Reddit scan:Title basically says it all. I'm primarily a woodworker, but I fell in love with machining about a year ago after the woodworking YouTube rabbit hole led me to the metalworking YouTube rabbit hole, which led me to the machining YouTube rabbit hole with guys like Clickspring and This Old Tony. Now I'm itching to try out machining. Only problem is that it's extremely expensive to get into, as far as buying your own machines, and I don't even have the room for that stuff to begin with. I've heard that you can take lessons at community colleges and machine shops, but there aren't any machine shops in my area, nor are there colleges that offer classes other than a very expensive and competitive technical college down the road. There aren't even any makerspaces, the closest is about an hour and a half away.Are there any other options for someone in my position? http://ift.tt/2fnvxgT by Towson Makerspace

Comments