July 18, 2017 at 05:00PM

Reddit scan:It's been about two years now since I have switched my major to CS. I am currently finishing up my last few courses for my community college level stuff for transfer into a UC or CSU. (San Jose, California).My current courses I have done are two levels of C++ and Java each, some math courses in preparation for my next two years of college, and I am currently awaiting my next few quarters of doing data structures and assembly as required by my assist.org courses for transfer.I feel like I'm at a point where I understand concepts and why they matter, but if you ask me to explain it to you, I cannot. I can picture concepts visually in my mind but can't put it down on paper or words. Not really sure how else to describe it.I want to get more involved with the tech community and have reached out to do volunteer work at a few makerspaces, but no replies yet. I want to reach out to people who I can learn more from. Are there other opportunities I can reach out?I have taken on (but barely) projects in different areas. Played around with Arduino projects, tried my hand at coding a small video game using a framework, and currently trying to build a service/app with a friend. I feel like these small taking-ons aren't things I'm proud of. The reason I feel this way is because they are projects others have done online and I simply followed along, or I can't explain things in the technical terms that I should probably be using.Maybe I need a new perspective on why the things I do matter or if maybe I need reality to tell me I am on the wrong path. Thoughts?Small edit: I feel much better writing all of this out, now I think I can think more clearly. I just need some advice from once-beginners like me! http://ift.tt/2td4oPs by Towson Makerspace

Comments