July 25, 2017 at 08:43PM

Reddit scan:I'm currently working on a project for one of my last LIS classes on Makerspaces. I'm hoping one day to start my own in whatever library I end up working at, but it seems like a daunting task. So I decided that my project should include interviewing other librarians about how they started their makerspaces. Now I am reaching out to my fellow Redditarians: please please PLEASE, if you have or run a makerspace in your library, I'd love it if you could take 5-10 minutes to respond to my questions below!What is the name/location of your library, and what is your position there?What made your and your organization decide to create a makerspace?Describe your process of starting the makespace in your library.Where is your makerspace located in relation to the rest of the library space/materials?How do you fund the makerspace?How do you gather tools and materials for your makerspace?How often do you change out the materials and/or projects?Is there a specific focus of your makespace (are the projects STEM focused, crafting focused, etc.)?What are the learning goals or outcomes for your makerspace?Are there specific age groups that you target with your makerspace?How do you introduce the makerspace to your patrons?What procedures do you have in place for your makespace? 13.Who leads the patron experience in the makerspace?Is there any library programming centered around the makerspace? If so, what are they?If you could go back and change something about how you established the makerspace, what would it be?How would you like your makerspace to grow in the future?What advice do you have for other librarians hoping to create a makerspace in their library? http://ift.tt/2tIe9d2 by Towson Makerspace

Comments