July 07, 2017 at 07:01PM

Reddit scan:Happy Friday everyone!I work at a library in IT and we are in the process of trying to create a Makerspace for the public. My boss was at a conference and found a booth for these guys and then within a week of him being back, he bought their 3D printer called the JellyBox. My issue is that I can only find 1 review of the JellyBox printer.Make: ReviewThere is another "review" that simply extracts the key points from the Make reviewWe ended up with the Maker's Kit so I am in for the full DIY experience :D We upgraded to the heated bed and dual filament fans. I will admit I am ecstatic to get to build a 3d printer and get paid for doing so.We are happy to finally have a 3d printer to toy with but this was an impulsive purchase on my boss' end and no one else was consulted. I had been looking at a Prusa i3 since it is open source and that is a requirement here at the library. Our end goal is 2 or 3 printers for our Makerspace and I am not sure if this $900 printer is any better than a Prusa i3 kit for $500 - $600 with similar specs. Being a library, we don't have a lot of money to work with and I want to make sure we aren't throwing money away pointlessly because a printer is geared towards the "education" market instead of DIYers.Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you and have an awesome day! http://ift.tt/2tzqQDC by Towson Makerspace

Comments