June 24, 2017 at 08:09PM

Reddit scan:Hey /r/3dprinting! I'm not too sure if this goes against reddit's self-promotion rules, since I do contribute to reddit and I'm not really gaining anything from this post, but here goes.I've made a web app that connects to multiple MakerBot 3D printers and can automatically queue prints across all of them. This would be useful for places like universities, makerspaces, etc. that have to deal with manually queuing people up for printing.I made it because, at my high school, we have two MakerBot Replicators and near the end of the year, people just started printing stuff without asking, so people started complaining saying "I thought I was next!" So this was made, to keep everything fair.With this system, people can sign up and upload their own .makerbot files to be added to the queue, and when all the other prints above it in the queue are done, it will automatically start printing it on the next available printer.If you want to try it out, here's the GitHub repository. If you have any trouble setting it up on your network, or you end up using it, please do tell me!Hope you guys find this useful :) http://ift.tt/2sOh2oR by Towson Makerspace

Comments