June 06, 2017 at 08:23AM

Reddit scan:Hello DIY,I acquired a granite slab island for free from a house that was going to be demolished. A nearby granite/marble company was nearby and they're gonna cut it to a regular rectangular shape for cheap. It's currently much wider at one end.I'm hoping to turn this into a table top for my extra long dining area, I regularly host DnD and board games so it'd be the perfect size for 6 or so people.The final dimensions will be ~34"x86"x1.25", but I'm currently stumped on the process for building the table frame. I have two makerspaces in my area, but I'm unsure how to approach them without a blueprint already in hand. I've looked through the sub, and I haven't found any similar projects. Any advice or ideas for the frame for it to sit on would be greatly appreciated.I'd probably muddle through it on my own, however considering it's over 500lb of toe crushing stone, I'd rather come to y'all for help.Thank you very much, long time lurker http://ift.tt/2rHNLLW by Towson Makerspace

Comments