May 22, 2017 at 12:21PM

Reddit scan:I currently live in Thousand Oaks, about 2.5 hours north of SD. I just graduated college (degree in Recreation and Tourism Management) and have been working in recreation for nearly 10 years (12 years if you include volunteer time before I could get an actual job with them). Anyways, I've applied for a few jobs out there recently (yet to hear back yet, but I just sent in applications recently so it's not like I've been declined yet either). My friend who lives down there is needing me to either move down there in early July or he'll have to rent somewhere else without me. He's looking to rent in either Oceanside, Carlsbad or Encinitas, which is probably fine by me, still close to SD but not in SD so slightly cheaper rent. My main concern is if I don't have a job lined up already. I'm afraid to just move down there without having something lined up. I have plenty of money saved up to where I could just live in San Diego without a job for at least 2 years, but I don't want to burn through my savings either. I guess I'm just looking for advice on that.The other thing I want to know is social clubs. I'll be new to the area and only know one person so I was thinking of joining some social clubs. I'm new to climbing and caving, I enjoy mountain biking (but rarely do it so I'm not really great at it), building things (maybe I could join a makerspace?). Are there good social clubs that go out and do these things that I could join to meet people? http://ift.tt/2qNekRI by Towson Makerspace

Comments