May 30, 2017 at 03:17PM

Reddit scan:So this was my Memorial Day project, the Minnow (MINi-arrOW).This is a smaller (small but not too small) 50% keeb that has arrow keys and a full home row. 60% Minila for scale.It's also going to be my first hand-wired board, and a major part of it will be writing a guide that covers everything from the design to the final build. Eventually, I'd like to turn the site into an ebook.Also, the building is ahead of the writing right now. Last night was "laser night" at the local makerspace and I was able to get a plate cut from some scrap (I had no choice of material). So this one is 5mm, but it works as a demo.The switches are just a press-fit to hold the keys, which are from a spare Chinese set for my Minila. I also don't have a 2.75 shift, so the 2.25 enter key is filling in. Besides, if the profile is wrong, might as well flip 'em!The guide can be found here: http://ift.tt/2qx0qUB(That's just the splash page. The full guide is being written as I build.) http://ift.tt/2rhaU7M by Towson Makerspace

Comments